Ressource Type: maps
Age-range: 7 – 11 years
Learn about the names of the different Australian states and territories, mention where they are located in Australia, as well as how to pronounce them.
Culture and Vocabulary:
- the map of Australia
- the Australian flag
- states and territories : Western Australia, the Northern Territory, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, The Australian Capital Territory
- capitals : Perth, Darwin, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, Hobart, Canberra
- cardinal points : South, West, East, North
The country is divided into six states and two territories :
- The Australian Capital Territory (Canberra)
- In the North, there is the Northern Territory.
- Int the South, there is South Australia and Victoria.
- In the East, there is Queensland and New South Wales.
- In the West, there is Western Australia.
- The island in the South is Tasmania.
- How many parts do you see on this map of Australia ?
- Can you name each of them and the principal towns ?
- Where can you find this monument ? Where is this site ? Show me on the map.
- Describe the picture. What can you see?